Tired and bored of your daily humdrum life? Looking to escape to a natural retreat, Fret not we have just the list of some of the best natural escapes located near Bangalore that will take you into a soothing and relaxing world of chirping birds, fresh air, verdant greens, and exquisite natural surroundings.
- Ooty – Located at a short distance of 272 km, Ooty is by far one of the most popular weekend getaways from Bangalore. Aptly referred to as the ‘Queen of the Nilgiris’, Ooty is one of the most beautiful and charming hill stations of India. The mesmerizing meadows, towering eucalyptus trees, lush green surroundings, and the pleasant weather offer a dreamy escape from the heat, humidity and the stress of city life.
Being a popular hill station there is no dearth of good hotels and resorts, which effectively take care of your accommodation needs and also helps you to de-stress and relax with their quality services and tranquil ambiance. Besides relaxing and rejuvenating one can also choose to explore the local attractions like the botanical garden, Ooty Lake, Rose Garden, and Emerald Lake to name a few.
- Coorg – If a place can claim to be heaven in Karnataka, it has to be Coorg. Blessed with perennial pleasant weather, hills covered in forests, gushing streams cutting through the hills and the numerous coffee and spice plantation add to the picturesque beauty of the region. What sets apart Coorg from other hill stations present in the region is the warm hospitality of the ‘Kodavas’ the local people, making Coorg one of the best nature places in Karnataka.
There are umpteen numbers of homestays present in Coorg and is one of the best ways to learn about the local culture and also take advantage of the famed Kodava hospitality. There are also several hotels and resorts present in some of the choicest locations of Coorg allowing to relax amidst and nature and wake you up with the smell of fresh coffee.
- Nandi Hills – Nandi Hills is one of the most popular local attractions of Bangalore that appears in nearly all travel enthusiasts things to do in Karnataka. A weekend hotspot, locals regularly throng to this hill fortress to blow off some steam. There’s plenty to do and see in this tiny little place, right from catching the sunrise to cycling, paragliding, trekking and of course nature walks. Besides, these activities there are also several local attractions that make for a great day outing like – Tipu’s Drop, Tipu’s Summer Residence, Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple, Amrita Sarovar, and Brahmashram to name a few.
With the presence of several hotels and quality resorts, one can also opt to stay at Nandi hills and enjoy and relax amidst the natural surroundings. Discovery Village is one such great resort located near Nandi foothills, that completely pampers you with its outstanding services and amenities leaving you completely relaxed and refreshed to take on the world.
- Doddamakali – For those looking for an offbeat destination, Doddamakali is just the place to be. Sitting on the banks of River Cauvery, Doddamakali is located only 132 km away from Bangalore. The ideal location, cool and pleasant weather and relaxed surroundings offer the perfect nature escape for people to rejuvenate themselves.
Besides relaxing amidst the rich surroundings tourists can also participate in any of the adventure or leisure related activities offered here, like bird watching, wildlife spotting, trekking, fishing, angling, rock climbing, and coracle rides.
- Galibore – For the more adventurous kind, Galibore is the place to be. Nestled on the banks of the Cauvery River, Galibore is a deciduous forest land known for its nature camps. This quaint little region is the ideal place to detox yourself of all the gadgets and enjoy a day trekking, bird watching, nature walks or simply relaxing around the bonfire and enjoying the wilderness.
Source: Jungle Lodges
- Skandagiri – Offering an experience like no other is Skandagiri. Many nature enthusiasts make a beeline to enjoy one of the many night treks conducted by various travels groups. Skandagiri brings two enjoyable activities together – trekking and night gazing. There is something magical about the midnight haze and waking up to the rising sun that draws in hordes of people looking to catch sight of the exquisite night sky and the sunrise.
We hope this list will sort out your travel plans and help you decide upon your next nature escape in and around Karnataka.