We’ve all come across the quote “If traveling was free, you’d never see me again” and we all want this to be real someday. Although traveling isn’t free, it certainly can be done at a lot cheaper expense than we usually do. The only trick to do so is better planning. There are so many apps available today for ticket booking. A flight booking app for flights, and a bus booking app for buses. With the advancement of technology and the digital era diving in, the process of planning a trip and booking tickets has become easy but cracking a cheap deal isn’t. There are so many times, we wish we could book a cheap flight ticket and fly away to a place far away. But oh, it’s not always possible!
But we’ve got some tips and tricks to getting access to cheap flight tickets that can help us save a lot of money.
- Choose the right day – Weekends are considered to be the busiest travel days as it is a convenient time for most people. Hence, the price of the ticket tends to be more expensive on weekends. Very few people fly during weekdays and so weekdays are the best time to travel. It is also advisable to avoid traveling on a holiday as maximum people will be traveling at that time and the tickets can cost almost double what they usually do.
- Book Early – This is a most tried and tested trick that actually works. The price of the ticket gets higher as you get closer to the travel dates. It is always a great idea to book your tickets in advance. Most of the airlines release their flight schedules way in advance. Once we’ve done deciding the place and time, we can look for various options and choose the best one accordingly. This also reduces the chances of not getting a confirmed ticket.
- Use incognito – This might sound a bit stupid but it is observed that websites often increase their fares based on your previous searches. Hence it advised that you either book tickets using incognito mode or clear your browser cookies before booking a flight ticket.
- Consider a round trip – Booking a round trip ticket is another great way to save money. It is not only money-saving but it is also easier to manage. It is great if you don’t want to deal with multiple bookings at the same time.
- Deals & Offers – There are many deals and offers a flight ticket booking app can offer. Keep a track of any offer that pops up. You can also sign up for price alerts and turn on notifications to receive the latest prices. There are also many third-party websites that offer discounts, cashback, and coupons that can substantially reduce the cost of the flight.
- Compare and buy – Get hold of different airlines and ticket booking websites/apps and compare the price and services of the flights. There are also flight comparison websites that can help you lessen the work by listing all the airlines in one place. This makes it easier to compare prices and make a decision.
So, now you can tick off new destinations on your travel bucket list and enjoy your dream vacation without draining your pockets.